Okay, so I will succumb to a least one New Year’s project. The Eclectic Reader Challenge 2012 comes to us from Australian blogger Book’d Out. It’s an interesting challenge, but one that might not be as much of a stretch for me as for some folks. I do like variety. It’s aim is to get participants to read outside one’s favorite genre, and instead read (and review) one book each from twelve different genres. I’m going to have to think about some of these and fill them in later. I know right away that horror is going to be my biggest stretch. Yikes. Two more rules: 1) If the book is a cross-over, it only counts for one. Basically, let’s not cheat with a historical romance. 2) No need to read one a month, but everything has to be read by December 31, 2012.
Okay, then, I’ve already started with my YA pick. I’m open to suggestions on the rest. Please help me out!
- Literary Fiction –Little Bee– Chris Cleave ♥
- Crime/Mystery Fiction – The Stranger in the Room – Amanda Kyle Williams
- Romantic Fiction –
- Historical Fiction –The Evolution of Calpernia Tate – Jacqueline Kelly
- Young Adult – The Dead & The Gone – Susan Beth Pfeffer ♥
- Fantasy –
- Science Fiction –
- Non Fiction – On Writing by Stephen King ♥
- Horror –
- Thriller /Suspense –
- Classic – White Fang – Jack London
- Your favourite genre – (biography/nonfiction) 1776 by David McCullough
Update: When I finish, they get a ♥ if I liked them, or a • if I’m neutral. Don’t ask what they get if I don’t like them. I’m too nice for that!